- Contact an APCH Licenser for your area.
- Fill out the APCH Application, the Washington State Application, the background check forms for each person age 16 and older living in the home.
- And mail those forms to your Licenser.
(APCH Application, DSHS Application, Background check Authorization (For your Region), Foster Parent Release of Information, and Address History Addendum.)
- Your Licenser will email or mail to you the next set of forms needed.
- Family Autobiography Form, Policy Agreements, and Safety and Emergency Plans. Please read and sign all the forms and return them to your Licenser. We ask that you complete the Autobiography within ten (10) days of receiving it.
- During this time you can sign up for the PRIDE Class, CPR/ 1st Aid/ HIV Classes. And take the online PAY and SAY classes. Also, all persons living in the home that are age 18 and older must have an up to date TB Test. (Up to date is less than one year old at the time of application.)
- Training Page: Training Link
- Once the Licenser has recieved your Family Autobiography, he or she will schedule an apponitment to come out to your home for a home visit and inspection.
- Also during this time you will receive from the Department of Licensed Resources (DLR), the IBT form for those age 18 and older to schedule a finger printing appointment.
- If you would like, your Licenser can mail or email to you a copy of the inspection checklist used during your home inspection, prior to the inspection date. We have found this to be helpful to new foster parents in preparing their home for the inspection.
Other documentation that will be needed prior to licensing are:
- Evacuation and Emergency Plans
- Your children’s immunization records (is applicable)
- Copy of PRIDE certificate.
- Copy of 1st Aid/CPR certifcate
- Copy of HIV training certificate
- Copy of Driver's license (for all driver's in the home)
- Copy of Car Insurance
- Copy of Pet Vaccinations and Licenses
- Well Test (if applicable)
- Septic System cleaning or inspection (if applicable)
- Your Licenser will turn in a completed licensing packet to the Regional Licenser to gain approval and a foster care license.